Pages

Thursday 2 February 2012

Matchbox Easel cards and Pro Marker Storage!

Hi everyone, my recent obsession with boxes has carried over into my classes, and I thought I would share with you a pic of the Matchbox Easel Cards we made last night.


I love these little boxes as they are so versatile. They are a basic square easel card, mounted on a square 'matchbox' in a sleeve. I can personally vouch for the fact that they hold up to 9 Lindor choccies - but only 3 left now! ;-)  They can be for any occasion, we made some for valentine's day, and birthdays. I decided to go with a contemporary black and white stamped design, adding a bold colour accent in the punched images - I think they look fab!

I am entering the one on the right of the pic (with the heart!) in the Oldie but Goodie Challenge cos I've had the cute heart with a birdie stamp for ages and this is the first time I've used it! Also the Allsorts Challenge with one or More Hearts as the theme.

I  also thought I'd share with you a 'tidy tip', as I am rather prone to showing my messy workspace onn my postings, so I thought I would show that I do have some semblance of organisation!  Also, Di over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop is on a mammoth stamps re-org, and inspired me to show some organisation!

One of my biggies with organising my stash is that I need to be able to cart it around to the classes that I run, and so I have several chests of drawers, with lots of organiser boxes holding inks, different paper and card etc.  I use my Pro Markers all the time, both at home and at workshops, so I needed something portable, but that would let me organise my pens into colour families - I have about 75 pens, and want them all in one place.  I wasn't keen on the Letraset storage wallets, and lots of other wallets are really pricey, so here is my solution:

This is a toiletries bag, with a number of separate see thru zipped compartments, all of which are attached to the main case by velcro strips and so can be pulled out of the case as required, or I can just unzip the relevant compartment. The middle compartment even has a small zipped mesh outer pocket that holds my ultra fnine nibs - perfect! And the whole thing zips closed and fits nicely into my drawer when not in use.  And the best bit??? This cost me £3 on Ebay!

  

So, that's me for Thurs night. I'm demo'ing this Sunday at Hobbycraft, with a Valentine's theme - by the time Valentine's Day actually arrives I will be heartily sick of hearts! 

Thanks for stopping by

Debs xx














5 comments:

  1. These little boxes are fab Debs, I love black and white it always looks so classy and expensive too
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Oldie But A Goodie this challenge and good luck
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great project, Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super boxes Debs - and the PM storage is great! Ha, ha - if I ever come down to a class I'd have to lug my acrylic PM stand with me :))

    The stamp organising continues here - bit like eating an elephant really! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant idea - I adore these gorgeous easel matchboxes!
    Thanks for entering our hearts challenge this week over at Allsorts and good luck!
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea they look fab thanks so much for joining us at oldie but a goodie this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so fire away!