Pages

Monday 19 September 2011

Bella Crafts - Distress Inks workshop Sat 17/9

We had a lovely time on Saturday morning, getting inky with Distress Inks! We scrunched, embossed, blended, bleached, masked, stamped and painted - whew!
We started with background paper techniques, these are some Christmassy ones (I couldn't resist!) The bottom sheet is taking the inkpad direct to paper to create a harlequin effect (seen in an earlier post) and the top sheet is scrunched, opened out then the inkpad lightly dragged across the surface, scrunched again and lightly drag a Versamark embossing pad over the new creases, then sprinkle with metallic powder and emboss - looks fab!


These two examples were made using masks, first dabbing the ink thru the mask, then inking the rest of the card, placing the mask over and spritzing, then lifting the water off with kitchen towel.

This makes a great background for overstamping, I particularly like the one on the bottom, the colours and masked areas work really well together.


OK, that's it for tonight, more crafty fun soon!

1 comment:

  1. I love what you've done with the distress inks Debs, especially the scrunched up one, and the harlequin design. Definitely something to try! I've not done any brayering and don't own a big and juicy pad but I've had a lot of success blending distress inks with my Inkylicious Ink Dusters which are awesome! See my blog for details!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so fire away!