Pages

Saturday 28 April 2012

TP Mini albums - made from loo rolls!

Hi blog hoppers, it's been a while since my last post, and my only excuse is work - and not the crafty kind!

Several people have commented on how quiet I've been lately, so I resolve to try to post more often :-)

This is a pic of a recently completed mini album. We made loo roll mini albums in class a few weeks ago, and we had so much fun!  You make them by squashing the inner tubes from loo rolls ( or kitchen roll if you don't want to use loo rolls!) I ran mine through my cuttlebug to squash them as flat as possible.

I covered mine in a range of co-ordinating papers by covering the loo roll in PVA glue and wrapping paper around then trimming. If you want a pocket just fold one end up on the second side and glue only the left and right edges on that page


You can slip tags inside the ends of the loo rolls, add pockets, mini envelopes, photo corners and embellishments and tags of all kinds. I used a cropa dile to punch and set eyelets and book rings to bind the pages.  It takes a while to stamp all the tags and mount all the photos, but the end result is so cute - I have another 2 part finished :-)

Last week's class in Chandlers Ford covered mica powders and we had a lovely sparkly time dusting, painting, spritzing and spraying! I feel like I owe all my ladies' other halves an apology as they all went away with plans to stock up on mica powders and masks :-)

Off now for a cuppa and kitty cuddle - happy crafting

Debs xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh Debs, love the clever upcycling and you solved the problem for me how to get the suckers flat. Of course! Roll them through a die cutting machine. Duhhh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone said use a bone folder & a pile of books but they didn't stay flat - then I had the brainwave! Cuttlebug works a treat - back & forth few times & keep them together in bunches with elastic bands ready for next project - take up lots less storage space too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone said use a bone folder & a pile of books but they didn't stay flat - then I had the brainwave! Cuttlebug works a treat - back & forth few times & keep them together in bunches with elastic bands ready for next project - take up lots less storage space too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so lovely!!! it's adorable, and thanks for the idea of using paper rolls :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so fire away!